Project Description

How can I get my international credentials evaluated?

If you did your academic, educational or occupational qualifications outside of Canada, these are called “international credentials” or “foreign credentials” in Canada. You may need to get your credentials evaluated if you want to work or study in Canada.
Here is the list of some organizations that evaluate international credentials for education

  • Comparative Education Service (CES) at the University of Toronto – Evaluates academic credentials that you earned outside of Canada. CES assessment letters can help Canadian employers, academic institutions, immigration officials, settlement agencies and professional licensing bodies understand the equivalency of your academic credentials.

  • International Credentials Assessment Service (ICAS) of Canada – Evaluates credentials from secondary school, post-secondary school and technical qualifications outside of Canada and compare it to education you can get in Canada.

  • World Education Services (WES) – Canada – Evaluates secondary school and post-secondary school diplomas and degrees that you completed outside of Canada. You can use WES evaluation reports for 5 purposes: employment, education, immigration, post-secondary education, licensing and apprenticeship training.