What is LGBTQ2+ ?
May 15 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
LGBTQ people experience stigma and discrimination across their life spans, and are targets of sexual and physical assault, harassment and hate crimes
Our objective is to increase awareness on sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression for all Iranian and Farsi-Speaking community in Canada through a series of seminars for public audience as well as focused-groups.
A brief overview of topics covered for this session include:
- Objectives of this initiative
- What is LGBTQ2+?
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity and Gender Expression
- Human Rights
- Use of inclusive language
- Issues for children and families
- Engaging Families and Communities in support of LGBTQ2+ community
- Government of Canada’s programs and supports for LGBTQ community
- Future programs for Iranian LGBTQ Community
Please pre-register to receive the meeting link
All information will be considered confidential and will not be shared with third parties or any other members/groups